The Holidays are now over and it’s time to get back in to our regular routines. Like many of us, we make resolutions to get a fresh start and maybe new perspective on life. Unfortunately a study conducted in 2010 found that 88% of us don’t follow through on our resolutions! If your goal this year was to change your overall well-being through fitness and self care here are a couple things that will help shift your mindset and keep you motivated to keep going when you may be thinking of giving up.
1) A calendar and gratitude journal; get yourself in to a habit of scheduling your workouts to hold accountability. A gratitude journal is also an amazing way to find positivity in your days and alleviate stress
2) Buy new workout clothes or an article of clothing you love; keeping your gear fresh will help you get up and want to go work out! If you find or have an article of clothing that you want to fit back in to is also a great way to motivate yourself.
3) Having a morning and bed time routine; making your bed, brushing /flossing your teeth, taking care of your skin/hair is all important for self love and quite therapeutic
4) Friends; whether old or new, being around like minded people will help boost your confidence in and out of the gym
5) Patience; do not, I repeat, DO NOT give up! If you are feeling at a stand still, change your perspective, change is happening whether it be mental or physical. Switch up your workouts, work out with a friend that will help raise your intensity and focus on long term not short term... drastic short term changes will not last. You want your workouts and nutrition to be a lifestyle not a quick fix.
6) Music; switch up your tunes whether it’s adding some new songs or finding an amazing old song you haven’t heard in years. Music is HUGE when it comes to working out. It changes your intensity, your mood, how you carry yourself. A true game changer